Problem with IDE Serial Monitor with Windows XP.

Hello,

I have a Genuino 101 and I have a problem with serial communication in an old PC with Windows XP.
I have written a simple Arduino program over the serial connection. I cannot visualize the data on the IDE Serial Monitor. This board load all Sketchs correctly and I don´t detect another fail for the moment.

If I connect an arduino genuino in this USB there is not any problem with serial communication on the IDE Serial Monitor, all is correct.

For to detect a possible problem in this genuino 101 board, I have other computer with Windows 7 and this board works correctly in this computer. Conclusion: all hardware is correct.

Do you know where can to be the problem?

Best regards.

The 101 is notoriously bad at playing with USB ports.

If your XP computer is quite old you could try a few things.

1. Contact cleaner on the USB port
  2. Even though it seems to work its could be wise to check all the USB settings especially those related to power.
  3. If you have a POWERED USB 2.0 hub try that as a "middleman"
  4. A better quality USB cable. (some of the cheaper ones can be a little finicky)
  5. Measure the USB output voltage as that needs to be good and stable and is not always the case on older computers.
  6. As a final resort sometimes a PCI USB card can help overcome weak onboard ports.