Minimum schematic design for arduino due

Hi there,

I am trying to build my arduino due from chip and transistors level up on a PCB. I am wondering what is the minimum partlist and schematic design we have to use in order to just program a blinky programme on the customised PCB.

Does anyone knows?

Is this to use standalone or with Arduino IDE?

From quick look, the minimum you need is a 3.3V power supply, and either an RS232, USB or JTAG connector. A pullup on FWUP and probably access to the ERASE pin. I may have missed some things. For any real use you will also need to add the bypass capacitors to the power supply and other filtering. Aned the LED of course.

I think the simplest option is to use a TTL-Serial adaptor connected to the Debug UART and program via SAM-BA. If you want to program via Arduino IDE, I think you just need to add the "native" USB port. I don't think you need the ATMEGA16U2.

I have to wonder whether starting with a 144 LQFP SAM3X is the easiest way to get into building ARM boards. Something like SAM3S/3N would be simpler, although I like the NXP LPC1343 chips, they are really easy to use.

What about crystals and such? I only see a 32khz and 12Mhz oscillator. Where is the 90Mhz 1?

I am intending to use the acr isp mkii to program the microcontroller. As such i would like to know all necessary connections i have to connect in order for that to work.

Based on given schematic, i figured i have to at least connect the crystals, the vdd, the gnds, miso, sck, mosi, master reset etc.

Did i miss anything important?

Hi Folks !

Maby DIY ARM on one side pcb !

"If you dont need all Pins, but you want the ARM " :slight_smile:

I'm kidding, but something like that will be great !

For small projects especially for pojects with lcd where we have fast clock.

Bandofcs, Look at this
http://sklep.avt.pl/photo/product_big/f/5/6/1_f56bb5fd25d0.jpg
This is board is made in Poland is on a LPC1114 Cortex core, What is the speed LPC1114 ??

Data

on board you have jumpers for change level voltage on microcontroller 2,0; 2,5 and 3,3V
mamby i have pcb projects, if you want

Cheers Guys !

Where is the 90Mhz 1?

There is none, the high frequencies are generated internally (with a PLL) from the 12MHz.

I am intending to use the acr isp mkii to program the microcontroller.

Do you mean the AVRISP Mk2, if so I don't think that will work with the SAM.

Rob

Bandofcs:
What about crystals and such? I only see a 32khz and 12Mhz oscillator. Where is the 90Mhz 1?

I am intending to use the acr isp mkii to program the microcontroller. As such i would like to know all necessary connections i have to connect in order for that to work.

Based on given schematic, i figured i have to at least connect the crystals, the vdd, the gnds, miso, sck, mosi, master reset etc.

Did i miss anything important?

Well, if you want the bare minimum, to just flash an LED, you can use the internal RC oscillator. If you don't want to go fiddling with startup code, then you better fit the 12MHz crystal. the 32kHz crystal is used for the real time clock, you can decide whether you need that or not.

AVR specific tools will not work with Atmel SAM series, they are completely different architecture. If you just want to program the chip, you can use the builtin bootloader and the SAM-BA programming software from Atmel.

Thanks for all the reply so far. Keep them coming.

I was wondering if anyone in the forum has already build their own customised arduino due on a pcb. From what i see, the development board is at least a 4 layered board. I am currently building a dou le layered 1 and the traces routings are giving me massive problem

I've given up on 2-layer boards these days, it's just too hard with the component densities. I find that with 4 layers and 6/6 track/spacing life is a lot simpler.

Even if you just use the inner layers for power and GND that frees a heck of a lot of real estate, probably doubles the space you can use for signal traces.

Otherwise make a larger board.

Rob

is there anyone this board schematic?
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32681732855.html