Can't get ESP8266 to work! Lights are all off!

I recently got an esp8266, and hooked it up according to guides and youtube videos. I noticed that when uploading, it was acting very weirdly, and often refused to be uploaded to, getting the error:

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

I looked up the issue, and many people seem to think the arduino doesnt have enough power for the 3.3v chanel. I used the 5 volt one, and made a voltage divider with a 2k and 1k resistor. I have also checked, and the power seems to be flowing. Whenever now i turn on the board, non of the lights flash like they used to. I did get a short flash when connecting to power, but thats it. It does neiter respond to uploading, and i am very afriad that the board is toasted, but i dont think i could've done somethink wrong.

Is there any way to identify a busted ESP8266?

Which module do you have exactly?

You can’t power a module in this way. The voltage divider you have constructed will deliver a couple of mA only. This may be suitable for protecting a 3 volt pin from a 5 volt signal but for powering the device it is far too little.

ieee488:
Which module do you have exactly?

On the chip, it says ESP8266EX 412017 TUBOPGCC42

Kristian2210:
On the chip, it says ESP8266EX 412017 TUBOPGCC42

Listen to 6v6gt. You need a dedicated 3.3V supply for the ESP8266 module of any kind.
The Arduino Uno's 5V cannot do the job.

The chip is of course going to be a ESP8266.
I asked for a link and you don't provide it? ? ?
And you expect help? ? ?

6v6gt:
You can’t power a module in this way. The voltage divider you have constructed will deliver a couple of mA only. This may be suitable for protecting a 3 volt pin from a 5 volt signal but for powering the device it is far too little.

Thank you for the help. Will it work if i use a LM1117T regulator and a capacitor instead?