CNC Tutorials

I'm not sure exactly what part of the forum to put this in but I am sure that the information in this post will be very useful to people.

I have spent the last few days making some videos on basic CNC cutting on a router. They are full fledged tutorials I don't go into every little detail because that would be insanity but its more detailed that any other video I've seen.

Thought some of the people here might find these videos interesting.

These videos are all available in 1080HD if your connection and computer can handle it.

Video #1 - This video is for someone who knows very little about CNC or how the machines operate. Its loaded with lots of good information and lots of sharp photos. If you know a lot about CNC skip to videos 2 & 3.

Video #2 - In this video I show how to take an idea an do every step along the way to turn it into G-Code (instructions for the cnc).

Video #3 - In this video I take everything from video 1 and 2 and put it into action. I create a very nice little cupholder that says youtube 2011 in giant letters. At the time of posting the video is still processing but will be available by midnight in hd.

Finished example that I show in the video

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been getting very proficient with using the machine and I can now cut aluminum plates with ease. I can also cut plastics like lexan and fiberglass.

On top of that I now have an AC/DC Miller Tig welder now so I can weld aluminum plates that I cut together and make some interesting stuff.

If someone needs lexan, aluminum plate, mdf, or balsa cut send me a message and I can see how much it will cost. I'm not going to charge for machine time just setup, bit wear, and anything it uses like coolant and materials. Machine time is where companies get people.

Nice videos.

Where's the Arduino?

Where's the Arduino?

This doesn't have an Arduino in it although I have built many things with it that I've used with Arduino.

Check out this project

That was my last project and it relied heavily on cnc machined parts and especially the arduino literally all of the electronics had an arduino involved in it. I used 3 individual arduinos on it.

I posted these videos here because I thought that people on this forum would benefit from the information in them.

What type of router are you using. It looks like you have a Bosch Colt? Did you get the mounting kit from K2CNC? What would you recommend as far a CNC routers go. I want to be able to cut aluminum at a decent speed (possibly with coolant later on) & be able to change bits easily, on the quieter side would be nice too.

Cool vids thanks