Problem including library uploaded to the Online Editor

Hello,

I've imported a library to the Online Editor, however when I try to include the library, I get this error message: /tmp/086242753/MenuTest/MenuTest.ino:2:27: fatal error: DS3231_Simple.h: No such file or directory

The library (found here: GitHub - sleemanj/DS3231_Simple: An Arduino Library for EASY communication with DS3231 I2C RTC Clock and Atmel AT24C32 I2C EEPROM commonly found on the same board. Implements setting, getting the time/date, setting, checking and clearing alarms, and dead-easy circular-buffered logging of data with timestamp.) imported fine, and shows up on the custom tab in the Library's area of the Online Editor.

I've also attached the ZIP file as I imported it to the Online Editor.

Here is the relevant code in my Sketch:

// DS3231_Simple - Version: Latest 
#include <DS3231_Simple.h>

// LiquidCrystal_I2C - Version: Latest 
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

// Wire - Version: Latest 
#include <Wire.h>

I went through the same process with the LiquidCrystal_I2C.h library, and it is working fine. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong with the DS3231_Simple.h library?

Edited to add:
Browser: Firefox 62.0.3 (64-bit)
Board: Uno
Desktop IDE: none

Thank you for your help!

Tom

DS3231_Simple.zip (296 KB)

I imported that library and compiled a sketch that included it and I didn't get any error. However, this problem has been reported by several other people recently.

If you can't find a solution, the workaround would be to use the standard Arduino IDE, which you can download here:

OK, thanks for trying that out! Did you use the zip that I attached here? Or download from the github link?

I'll try deleting the library and re-importing it, maybe with Chrome this time.

Thanks again!

I used the zip that you attached. I did use Chrome. I normally use Firefox but I have the NoScript extension installed in Firefox and it causes problems with Arduino Web Editor even when it's whitelisted so I can't use Arduino Web Editor in Firefox.

I switched to Chrome, deleted the library, re-imported it, re-included it, and I'm still getting the "No such file or directory" error at compile.

Worried that it might be something to do with my sketch, I tried creating a new sketch and including the library; same error persists.

Any other ideas? As mentioned, I know I can work around this by installing the desktop IDE, but it would be nice to be able to get this working on the Online Editor.

Thanks again for your help!

I don't regularly use the Arduino Web Editor so I'm not an expert in troubleshooting it. Someone else with more experience might come along with an answer.

Until then, my advice is to look at the other recent posts in this forum section and perhaps the Chrome App section too:
http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?board=112.0
to see if anyone else with the spurious "No such file or directory" error has found a solution.

Thanks for your report @tko1982, we'll try to find out what is happening

smellai:
Thanks for your report @tko1982, we'll try to find out what is happening

Great, thank you! Let me know if I can provide any more information!

It was an error on our end. It should be solved now. Can you confirm?

My sample library now works as ít should! Looks like the error is fixed.

Thx
Bernd

@rhein

Can you include the SHARE link in your next post please.

Hello!
I've imported DHT library in arduino web editor. When I import the library to a scetch, I'm getting the following error:

"....
Using library DHT_Library in folder: /tmp/826760105/custom/DHT_Library (legacy)

lto1: fatal error: bytecode stream generated with LTO version 3.0 instead of the expected 4.1

compilation terminated.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: ./opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/home/ubuntu/opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
..."

I've attached for You one of the library ZIPs that I imported to the Web Editor Libraries, which works fine in Arduino IDE.
Any ideas to solve that problem please???

DHT_Library.zip (10.1 KB)

Not sure its just your LIB.

LTO (link time optimisation) AFAIK is part of CREATE.

It is also showing on some non DHT libs.
That would indicate a CREATE issue.

EDIT:
Issue passed along to team.

dmakris:
Hello!
I've imported DHT library in arduino web editor. When I import the library to a scetch, I'm getting the following error:

"....
Using library DHT_Library in folder: /tmp/826760105/custom/DHT_Library (legacy)

lto1: fatal error: bytecode stream generated with LTO version 3.0 instead of the expected 4.1

compilation terminated.

lto-wrapper: fatal error: ./opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/avr-gcc returned 1 exit status

compilation terminated.

/home/ubuntu/opt/tools/avr-gcc/5.4.0-atmel3.6.1-arduino2/bin/../lib/gcc/avr/5.4.0/../../../../avr/bin/ld: error: lto-wrapper failed

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
..."

I've attached for You one of the library ZIPs that I imported to the Web Editor Libraries, which works fine in Arduino IDE.
Any ideas to solve that problem please???

This is a different bug from the original one reported in this thread. For further discussion, please use one of the dedicated threads for this specific bug: