Nano 33 IoT board not recognized

I just got one of the new 33 IoT boards and hooked it up. My computer recognizes which com port it's on but when I try to create a new thing and choose MKR Wifi 1010(which as best I can tell is the closest match) it tells me "We could not find any board" this is my first IoT journey so it's quite possible I missed something but I think I've followed all the proper steps. Is this just a matter of me needing to wait until the update the website etc to support the new hardware?

While Nano 33 IoT shares a lot of hardware with MKR WiFi 1010, their USB identification is different.
We are working on enabling Nano 33 IoT support in IoT Cloud but it will take a few more days :slight_smile:

Is there much I can do with it before that implementation is complete? Don't mind being patient but if I can start on the sketch and at least test basic functionality that would be nice.

The Arduino IDE SAMD board support package 1.8.1 includes Nano 33 IOT. But I do not have a board.

AniMoosiac:
Is there much I can do with it before that implementation is complete? Don't mind being patient but if I can start on the sketch and at least test basic functionality that would be nice.

Sure. You can do tons of things with your Nano 33 IoT right now. You can't use it with Arduino IoT Cloud, but you can use the Arduino Web Editor or Arduino IDE to write and upload any sketch you like to it. You can find a selection of example sketches in the Examples tab of Arduino Web Editor or File > Examples in the Arduino IDE.

Great, all I needed to know. I can start my project while waiting for the cloud to catch up.

I've run into problems the Nano 33 IoT ("N33iot") installing the driver and getting the device working on Windows 7, Windows 10, and MacOS 10.11.6 (EL Capitan). Initially when the N33iot was plugged in the yellow LED blinked ok on all three machines. After trying to get the N33iot driver installed using the board manager, I now only get the green led to light up on whichever OS I try and the Device Manager on Windows (both OS versions) indicates that the device is not recognized while no appropriate port gets appears in the Mac /dev directory when I plug the N33iot into a USB port.

On Windows 10 when I cancel that attempted driver install I get a message that there is some post install script error that hangs the driver installation (I've tried versions 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 of the SAMD driver that lists the N33iot). On MacOS I found after getting driver version 1.8.2 installed that the "remove" button doesn't seem to actually remove the driver as it still shows up as being installed.

I'm not an advanced Arduinist and wonder how I can back up to the state the N33iot was in when I got it. Any ideas?

Thanks.

--equipoise

Hi Arduino,

I just bought the new Arduino 33 IOT but I cant used it.

I have the same issue, the USB is not recognized on my MAC. no cu.usb.. or tty.usb... serial port,
do you have any driver to install?? Any advice?? Anything??

Thanks