Olimex MIDI Shield + UNO

Hi All,

So I've just received my Olimex mid shield. And after a few hours browsing I can't find any information on this midi shield at all. There seems to be one or two forum threads around it but nothing concrete.

Any help at all would be great, do you think I should look at a different midi shield?

Midi Shield can be seen here.

The project if your interested.... I had hoped to do was to take apart my Akai MPK keyboard and use the drum buttons for a basic drum pad style controller for my first real arduino project... Aside to all the basic stuff you get with the kit of course.

And after a few hours browsing I can't find any information on this midi shield at all.

What sort of information do you want?
That link you provided had a link to the hardware design and to an Arduino software example.

Basically a MIDI shield is just an interface between the Arduino's serial input / output and the MIDI standard signals. Any MIDI example should work with this shield.

Grumpy_Mike:
What sort of information do you want?

Any MIDI example should work with this shield.

You answered your own question.

But seriously, thanks. I literally know nothing and can't find any projects done with this shield to use to help me.

I've used the schematic to understand what I'm gonna do that end and I've finally got the code to start uploading properly.