Help to upload sketches on Arduino Pro Mini 3,3V

Hello,

I've found a problem trying to upload sketches on Arduino Pro Mini 3,3V with ATmega328, using FTDI Basic Breakout 3,3V.
The error is always this one:

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\arduino-0022\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port : \.\COM2
Using Programmer : stk500v1
Overriding Baud Rate : 57600
avrdude: ser_open(): setting dtr
avrdude: Send: 0 [30] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: Send: Q [51] [20]
avrdude: Recv:
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

avrdude done. Thank you

I've tried a lot of things, without success, and using FTDI Basic Breakout 5 V with Arduino Pro Mini 5V everything goes fine very quickly.

What is wrong in 3.3V version?
Anything on being particularly carefull in that case?

Thank you,

Federico

Selected the right board? - the 3V3 and 5V Mini Pros are different boards on the pull-down menu. Also check which chip you have, 168 or 328

Also make sure you don't have anything else connected to D0, D1 while programming.

Are you sure you have the right COM port?

Thank you, but still no success:

@MarkT: the board selected is the right one 8 MHz with At328 3,3V. Is it possible that my software Arduino is wrong? I'm using 0022 version.

@CrossRoads: nothing is connected on board, excepting the pin for the FTDI programmer: BLK, CTS, VCC, RXI, TXO, GRN

@smeezekitty: the port selected is the correct one: COM2, and it is the only one that Arduino environment is proposing to me. I have changed the port from COM"something"to COM2 because somewhere on the web, I've found someone that had problems with higher number for COM port.

Any other suggestion for my problem?

Thank you in advance,

Federico