Mega 2560 used to debug a 1978 S-100 Z80 system

Graynomad:
My first real computer was an Exidy Sorcerer

Exidy Sorcerer computer

Get a load of that mother board. I never had an S100 expansion chassis but did make a bank-switched EPROM board that plugged into the cartridge expansion slot so I could load my most used programs without a tape.

Another common hack was to piggy back a second set of DRAM chips on top of the main bank, bend up all the RAS (or was is CAS?) pins. solder a wire to them all and also to a spare output of a '138 decoder. That doubled your RAM. Mine included the RAM expansion too.

If I could find one for low $ I reckon I'd buy it just for old-times sake.

Rob

I owned an Exidy from around 1988 to 1992. Complete with a huge external chassis with 2 x 8" Ye-Data double sided double density floppy drives and 1 x 5" DSDD Mitsubishi drive! I think I still have the box of floppies with CP/M, Wordstar, Basic etc.

I wrote a n invoicing, ordering and stock management package in Basic to run my first bench tech business. Man, that Scorcerer ran hot! Beast.

I still have in storage a BigBoard single board CP/M system with 2 x 8" drives. The board was designed in Australia and included an EPROM programmer with ZIF socket right there on the board! Its cool, ifmit receives a CR on the first serial port after boot it redirects the console to that serial port.