Should flux be cleaned from pre-assembled boards?

inthebitz -

I'm very sorry that I made you feel bad, and please do not worry any more. That's why I really didn't want to divulge specific products, as I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings or make it appear that the products were flawed.

The boards work perfect, and as I mentioned in the post, I have no issues with them or your company. I was just trying to understand what the "industry standard" was regarding flux removal. As you can see from the responses, people's thoughts on this vary widely - so I wouldn't worry about it. (If I was that unhappy I would have contacted you.)

On the TouchShield, I did get most of the flux off via VERY careful use of an acetone/isopropyl alcohol mixture used with wooden cotton swabs. I had to be really careful around the screen - and that's what got me a little annoyed (temporarily). From your post I now realize that there is an assembly order that makes it hard for you as well.

Ironically, since I made the original post, I've bought robotics boards and controllers from several companies (like Pololu and Trossen) and I've noticed that many of these components have residual flux on them.

So, it actually now appears that "fluxxed boards" are common in these hobby-ist boards, so I guess I was just spoiled by Sparkfun's super-clean boards.

Peace -
33//