Speed Control of 230 Vac motor with Arduino

So, I need to control the speed of a 230 Vac motor of a ventilator with feedback. And I am search the way to do it. I am not a electrical engineering, so I need a possible confirm if the attached schema is right and works:
I must be honest: the schema is the join of two schemas:
this one: http://vasileelettronic.altervista.org/progetti%20elettronica/Regolatore%20Velocita.htm
and this one: Learn on the fly
So I replaced the first potentiometer of the first schema with an optocoppler. But instead to use a photoresistor, that are relatively expensive (such VTL5C6 or VTL5C8), I used two photo-transistor(one for each semi-wave)... what you think about? can it work?

It depends on what type of motor the ventilator uses.
There are 2 common types of AC Motors, Universal or Brush type and Induction Motors.
The first type can be speed controlled with Triacs , but the 2nd type cant.

I will procure the motor consequently. To lead me to the right purchase, I need to know if can I drive him. Do you think that this can drive an universal motor?
After your comment I made a small search, brush motors are wash-machine motors and inductions are the normal asynchronous. How can drive these motors? Just with inverter, or there is some trick that allow us to drive also the induction motors? Case just with inverter, there is a way to build a sinusoidal inverter with electronic components or I need a controller (right now I am planning to take a PIC18xxxx and produce a wave, I have good programming skills, despite my electronic skills )