8x16 Segment display driver with limited input

PaulRB:
Did you see this?

Yes, I did come across that article. I sent an email to Vasyl asking for help, awaiting a reply.

Using his library, I got the output in the image above. I realize I didn't explain it very well. I can't generate a readable display. It all seems random, I am yet to find a pattern but I believe the dimensions of my display are different from what the library was originally written for.

Any insight for this issue? I'm thinking I could I possibly rewrite the library for my borad but I am still trying to understand it, I am a newbie.

Edit: I orgininally had the TM1629 library from here: GitHub - BlockThor/TM1628: Control the dvd's LED display with IC TM1628 by Arduino. The library attached to that article doesn't seem to do anything to my display. I don't know if I'm using it wrong though, I just copied the sketch straight into IDE, it didn't do anything.

Edit 2: I had the pins incorrectly defined. I got it to work but I have the same issue. This library is easer to understand for me but I don't know how to edit it so I can use it. This is the output of the sketch from the site you linked.