Things i need to set up the transmitter and receiver system

Hey,

This is my first project btw. So my objective is to have a transmitter hooked up to the arduino pro mini with a button and send the signal to either a mega or uno with the receiver which activities a solenoid. I would like to know how would i acheive this and the materials I would need. I'm in the us and i'm pretty sure i'm the 433 MHz. Amazon.com . Is the module i thought i would be using. Thank you

Look at something like this to get you started:

Post a link to your chosen solenoid. It may require a simple driver circuit.

What distance will there be between the transmitter and receiver and will there be any obstacle between them?

...R

This looks very helpful. I've never used a bread board before but I think the wires line up vertical to the pins of the receiver which then i can follow to the uno. The transmitter is a little different. Are there 2 seperate wires connecting to both the second and fourth pin of the transmitter? What battery should i get if i want these two to be portable? If i used the arduino pro mini (5v) instead of the uno for the transmitter could i make that work? Mini Push-Pull Solenoid - 5V : ID 2776 : $4.95 : Adafruit Industries, Unique & fun DIY electronics and kits is the solenoid i thought i would use.

Robin2:
What distance will there be between the transmitter and receiver and will there be any obstacle between them?

...R

No more than a meter

For your purposes, you don't need an Arduino, as these self contained units will work.

But for just a meter, consider using wire.