elegoo nano 328p programming issues via web editor

I have an (3) elegoo nano 328p that when plugged in lights up fine but when using the editor on my chromebook, with the 328p selected, it gives me the red 'error uploading' box. I thought it was the cord so I switched out to a new one, same problem. all of them.

I have noticed that when I unplug the nano, the editor says board disconnected.
ok, so I'm thinking lets try an unu r3; select uno r3, save, upload- works fine.
Rinse and repeat process for nano 328p; error uploading.
So i'm not leaning towards defective cords or usb ports at this time and I'm having a hard time believing i received 3 bad nanos as well.

I also have a problem on my chromebook where when I select a different board I get the pop-up window to choose from various boards, I can select whatever, but am unable to scroll to the bottom of the pop-up box to select 'ok'. (attached screen shot)
I can however do this on my droid tablet, alcatel a30.

info for chromebook;
Version 61.0.3163.123 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 9765.85.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.123 Safari/537.36

Well because the popup window scales with size, I changed the 'zoom' level in chrome and got the 'ok' button to appear.

Just left with the Nano problem.
When plugging in the Uno, a little box apears that says Uno detected.
The nano does not do this but when unplugging the nano, a little box appears and says 'board disconnected'.

is it possible that both usb mini cords are defective or lacking something?

Is the NANO a CLONE ?

If so you may have to manually select the BOARD and the COM PORT and the FLAVOUR.

Normally it would be NANO, COM x (your com port), then probably 328P or 328P OLD BOOTLOADER.

Only one of the last two choices will work as I doubt you are using a 128 series.

good point.

The nano is the 328p, i've tried both options for the 328p and older bootloader to no avail.

So I went to fetch the link for you and in the notes on one line it says "The Nano is using the chips ATmega328P and CH340, not FT232 as official Arduino, so pls. use the driver from above link."

( the link to amazon, https://www.amazon.com/ELEGOO-Arduino-ATmega328P-Without-Compatible/dp/B0713XK923/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1537803946&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=elegoo+nano&psc=1 )

I'm using a chromebook so the driver is useless to me, but as it might appear, perhaps a needed laptop.

AFAIK the online editor already has the required drivers even for clones.

It may be down to finding the correct COM port as it is highly unusual for two boards to use the same port.