Why are so many producs SOLD OUT and where else could I buy them?

Hi,
I'm completely new to Arduino. I was considering using Arduino controllers and components for a project, but all the good stuff seems to be sold out! I even went to another site to try to get a specific component from one of the kits and that was sold out too!?

Is something happening here? Or is it always like this?

Could you point me to any suppliers that are not SOLD OUT?

Thanks,
Marc

I think they operate a JIT (just in time)system which I have always found in industry to be more of a JTL (just too late)

For some reason the Euro side of the store seems better stocked with a larger product range.

Could you point me to any suppliers that are not SOLD OUT?

You did not say what products you are interested in, or what part of the world you are in.

In the US, adafruit and sparkfun seem to always have the most popular Arduino stuff in stock.

ballscrewbob:
I think they operate a JIT (just in time)system

If just in time means never then I guess so. It seems more like a "business is hard, let's go to the bar" system to me. It really makes no sense. It's not like Massimo Banzi has to sit there and solder all the microcontrollers on the boards. They have the design files, they have customers, they have plenty of manufacturers to chose from, the legal stuff is resolved. I can't imagine it would take more than a couple hours to place an order. I can't believe they don't have the cash to buy boards since they've been unnecessarily wasting tons of money on the Arduino Web Editor. It's almost as if they don't want to be successful.