Which direction does current flow?

OMG, it took 60 years to get my Revenge

Yes but it was sweet wasn’t it. :slight_smile:

Science is just another mythology. Probably a better informed mythology than most, but when you get down to brass tacks, no one really knows what it all really is.

I can see why you say that, but I would not say just another, I would say it is “the” mythology because it is consistent and can be proven through mathematics. If the maths doesn’t work then it is rejected or at least worked arround. Now what that maths mean in Physical terms is open to interpretation and we are hampered basically by lack of imagination when trying to describe phenomenon that has no analogue in the world we perceive.

Take an electron’s relationship with a nucleus, we know a few basic facts, like there is a lot of space between them and electrons carry discrete energy levels but the “model “ of an orbit and shells is convenient but wrong. And so are all the other things we can draw an analogue to in the world we piecieve.

how a "Hole" has measureable weight.

It just drops out of the maths when you describe what it is doing and how it works. I don’t think any one has actually measured it but interestingly enough it does mean that an electron has a negitave mass, which just means the way it will react to a gravational field. And as we don’t know what gravity actually is then that is all we can say about it.

Having been in both fields I can say that physicists don’t think of electron flow as such unless they specifically need it, they all use conventional current. And for electronics engineered it doesn’t matter one jot what way the current flows either convention will work as long as you are consistent. I think that is the basic misunderstanding of a beginner they think it matters because in a circuit the electricity will be used up by the first component it enters. Which is of course a noncense.