SOLVED:Arduino Due Delay Effect - Noisy playback *only* with variable delay time

Hi Ard_Newbie,

Thanks for your replies so far.

1 - I have done this. This was the very first thing I did. I agree - it works fine - no noise on my side, either.

2 - If I just connect A2, but don't include it in the code - The delay is noise free, but I can't vary the delay time. Once I add it into the code to alter the delay time (either in my code or the original code - [i.e. tap = current_tap - (T1 - map(analogRead(A2),0,4095,1,20000)) ;]) I still get the noise.

1. I tried this and it has no effect other than limiting the range of the delay - at high values it subtracts (up to 20,000) from A0 which can only be a range from -2048 to 2048. Not sure if I'm executing this incorrectly though. How else would I convert the noise other than your example?

I took your idea concerning EMI a step further and just moved the pot all the way down to A8 and even tried moving the power supply to the 5V pin & grounding it with a ground pin further from the 3.3V pin. All instances had the exact same result as my initial example. With that result - I don't think it's EMI.