Spam fighting request

To be honest I don't understand the reluctance to enable a couple of people to implement this. Is there something about the situation I'm not understanding?

From the point of view of the core team, Arduno is their baby, the built it up, and it's very hard to let go of control. It's the same sort of feeling that parents have as their children grow up.

As the Arduino community grows, I suspect it will become more and more necessary to have some help, but I can certainly understand the reluctances of the core team to give up control of their baby.

I'd say just be patient right now, they are dealing with the spam. The only real downside right now is they're spending time that could go into helping users or further developing Ardunio on deleting spam.

As the legitimate user base grows, it's not simply deleting spam, but more subjective things mods would have to do. Moving threads to more appropriate forums for example. Should a mod only delete spam or a grossly off-topic thread? Where do you draw the line?