Hello All...

Hello, My name is Tim and I just wanted to say hello. I have an Arduino Duemilanove that I have done very little with yet. I've been working with a different device because it has 2 built in CAN controllers...

Does anyone know of Arduino has plans to provide with a board that is CAN enabled?

One other quick question... The plastic blocks that are soldered onto the arduino board that allow you to plug a shield onto the board... Does anyone know where I can buy these blocks? I'm think I may need to develop a custom shield if I want to use this board.

Thank You

--

Sparkfun has them

They have them as sets alo, browse around some.
pololu.com has these with regular size leads also, pin counts from 2 to 16 or more.

Cant' help you with the CAN part.
There is a list of arduino shields, you could check if someone has one already.
I should bookmark that link next time I see it ...

Here we go
http://shieldlist.org/

Thanks a lot Crossroads! I appreciate the help.

BTW: I do see there is a shield for CAN... It would be better is it was a dual CAN however... And the cost of it sort of pushes me toward the other device... It already has two CAN controllers built in for a total cost of $60.

It would be nice if Arduino offered a base board with a CAN controller built in already...

Thanks again...

Tim

So make one up. Get familiar with eagle, modify the files to add the devices you need.

Or get something like the TwentyTen (100% Arduino Compatible) | Freetronics which shows that things can be layed out differently to leave plenty of room for more parts and add your own.

What kind of hardware is need for CAN? More hardware serial ports? Check out Sanguino, uses the ATMega644 40 pin DIP with its dual serial ports. Not the monster that the 1280/2560 are with their even higher pin counts & 4 serial ports.