What is this for?

Could someone give me an idea what’s the purpose of this board?
https://photos.app.goo.gl/VVJnxshg12Ccs64j8
It was mounted inside a a power supply 120v in, 12vdc 21amp and 5vdc 0.1amp out.
Power supply itself came from cctv business, not sure what it was used for.

What I know so far:
P3 - 12v in
P4 - 12v out to the fan
P1 - 5v in
P5 - voltage is variable depending on the loading 12v rail

CR1 - led (was mounted on the front of PSU)

Reason I’m asking, can I remove this board to make space for 4ch relay and esp12e. Cooling Fan will be connected directly to 12v rail. Planning to control led lights in grow room.

The photograph, you uploaded to assist with answering your question, didn't appear

It would be an act of courtesy for you to read How To Use This Forum, so the people you've enlisted to assist you, don't have to make the choice to waste time dealing with ineptitude.

usbuild:
What’s the purpose of 317T transistor and large heatsink?

Do a websearch for '317T' for enlightenment.

Yeah, sure, remove it. Whatever.

I hope you understand no one can actual help you with the limited amount of information provided and more importantly, you’re really looking in the wrong end of the telescope by focusing on the add-on board since it is the larger power supply you want to re-purpose, right? You should be looking that over for manufacturer information and part numbers so you can see if it can be used for your application.

I posted exact same content on another forum and got the answer I was looking for.

I guess my only mistake was coming here. Sorry for disturbing your paradise and wasting your valuable time.

Hey Mod, you can close this topic

I posted exact same content on another forum and got the answer I was looking for.

Well, isn’t that special.

I guess my only mistake was coming here. Sorry for disturbing your paradise and wasting your valuable time.

Aw, shucks, it was no bother at all. Having people waste our time is common place. We’re quite used to it. In general, the smarter the people are that ask the questions, the more time gets wasted. I routinely remind the smarter people like yourself that when it is raining outside, all one needs to do is come back inside to avoid getting wet. Pretty simple stuff but it’s amazing how many people cannot make that connection without being reminded.

Hey Mod, you can close this topic

Oh, no, we never do that here. This thread will still be here 10 years from now serving as a constant reminder we failed you and that we should work hard every day so that we can be not only ready but worthy for your next assignment. I cannot speak for the rest of the unpaid volunteers but I certainly hope you can provide us with a good challenge to use our clairvoyant skills to devine an answer to your questions in short order and deliver what will no doubt be very valuable information that can be obtained no where else on planet Earth. Yup, I’m really looking forward to your next project.