miniCore issue (cannot figure out nature of the issue)

Hi hansibull,

Hope I'm not bothering you (as you mentioned you are in vacation).

Tried miniCore using 16Mhz external osscilator (standard Arduino Uno configuration) and it doesn't work if I compile it as an miniCore; it does work if I compile it as an Arduino Uno board.
I added SPI start transmission and end transmission before and after every SPI transmissiono (or after every group of transmission if I send multiple bytes) and it still doesn't work as a miniCore.
Tried V2.0.1 as well and it behave the same.

I posted a video here - which also contains the sketch I used in the description: - YouTube
The sketch is the complete firmware (not the trimmed down one) and is because the trimmed down one, if I do pretty much any changes it starts to work... however, in the complete firmware I did put SPI end transmission everywhere it should be.

I must say your suggestions sounded like clever things to try.

Regarding programming, if I use the Arduino Uno with standard fuses (16Mhz external osscilator) I can program it in Arduino, no problems (both as Uno and as miniCore). The programming issues I have are if I select a different click and fuses and may be because of some lack of understanding some things. I don't know how to change fuses in Arduino and found that Atmel Ice + Atmel Studio seems to work fairly ok to programm the Uno (both fuses and program memory).

Marius