STM32, Maple and Maple mini port to IDE 1.5.x

I'm not sure if its just the terminology, but the DMA code is not a class, its just a series of functions.

Well, crap. I should probably not write in the forum after dinner and 3 beers.

What I was thinking when I posted my flawed logic was along the way that Limor handles her GPS code by capturing SoftwareSerial. In the case of the Maple-centric SoftwareSerial, it looks like:

SoftwareSerial::SoftwareSerial(uint8_t receivePin, uint8_t transmitPin, bool inverse_logic /* = false */)
{
 if (receivePin == 0 && transmitPin == 1) {
 port = &Serial3;
 } else if (receivePin == 8 && transmitPin == 9) {
 port = &Serial2;
 } else if (receivePin == 25 && transmitPin == 26) {
 port = &Serial1;
 } else {
 port = NULL;
 }
}

SoftwareSerial::~SoftwareSerial()
{
 end();
}

Then in my main sketch, I pass the GPS object the address:

// create mySerial object for exclusive use by Adafruit_GPS
SoftwareSerial mySerial(0, 1);          // Rx Tx : Connect the GPS TX (transmit) pin 0 (NC on pin1)

Adafruit_GPS GPS(&mySerial);                                      // create GPS object

The user code can detect when the 1st buffer has filled from serial interrupts and move on while the 2nd buffer is being loaded...

char c = GPS.read();                                            // read data from the GPS and check for full sentence
  if (GPS.newNMEAreceived()) {
    if (!GPS.parse(GPS.lastNMEA()));                              // sets the newNMEAreceived() flag: return; no longer used
  }

But, honestly, sticking in more functionality as functions and implementing a callback is Ok by me. It needs to work with old Maple examples and it needs to cover the new uses.

Ray