Short range radar sensors for distance measurement

Hello community,

like the title suggests im looking for a radar sensor to measure short distances which I can read out using an Arduino.

I'm quite desperate as I cannot find any fitting radar sensors and thought this might be a place to ask.

Specifications:
It has to be a radar sensor, it needs to be able to measure distances continuously and it has to be as accurate as possible in a range from 0-1m (the min range cannot be higher than ~10cm). The price doesn't really matter.

I would be very thankfull for any advice/suggestion.

Greetings,
Frederik

ps: im also looking for a high quality ultrasonic sensor which outclasses the HC-SR04.

I'm quite desperate

What will happen if the sensor you want does not exist?

jremington:
What will happen if the sensor you want does not exist?

Would be unfortunate. Is there no such sensor?

There are plenty of distance sensors that meet your range specifications.

Yeah i know but it has to be a radar sensor.

Google shows several radar sensors.

Pete

Many years ago, 20-30 or more, all the automatic commercial door openers were "radar" using microwaves. Perhaps this is what the OP is looking for.

Paul

Radar sensors for short distances are AFAIK only movement sensors.
Leo..

Wawa:
Radar sensors for short distances are AFAIK only movement sensors.
Leo..

I guess that is right. They used Doppler and that is only movement. If the OP wants to measure small distances with radar, the pulse rep rate will have to be VERY high and VERY short pulses. I doubt anything we could afford can recover from TX to RX that quickly.

I'm thinking the new automotive forward looking radar that operated in the 70 GHz band.

Paul

Why does it have to be radar? What is it about your application that makes other sensors unsuitable? Laser and ultrasonic are more usual for that distance range.

K-band level sensors go down to 20cm.
80 GHz level sensors don't seem to publish min distance specs. Presumably you are expected to talk to the sales engineers to discuss your requirements. You did say that price doesn't matter...