STM32, Maple and Maple mini port to IDE 1.5.x

flax1k:
I have a STM32F103 based industrial working board and I want to reprogram it.
<...>
Can I use the same API to reprogram my board?
Do I need some specific hardware to connect my board to my laptop? Can I connect the USART1 directly to my laptop?
Any suggestion or advice from you could help.

As the board has JTAG, the answer is "yes" you could reprogram it. However, putting on the Maple bootloader will likely not help you achieve control over the board. As the board has many integrated peripherals already wired to the uC, you are not in control of re-routing SPI, I2C, and serial lines... these are hardwired to the chip.

You are welcome to go back into the 137 pages of this thread and I know a few folks have used JTAG, including Roger, but I really do not think that you will be able to salvage any useful functions from the board without a full schematic and possibly a listing of the current firmware in the uC so that a determination could be made by you to which ports are driving what devices on that board. Obviously, this would be a difficult effort and require advanced skills.

The Maple clone boards that started this thread about 6 months ago are in the $4 to $30 range from various mail order sources. I would strongly suggest that if you want to play with the STM32F1xx that you review this thread for those boards and sources. I can assure you that attempting to implement Arduino on your industrial board will be a most difficult task.

Regards,

Ray
My Projects