Need Help to Program Web Page Control

Hi,

Wondering if anybody would be available to help with programming. I'm looking to have a small web page server on the Arduino Uno using the Ethernet Shield with the on-board SD card.

The basic function would be to operate two relays and then display the relay status on the web page, even if the relays were to be operated manually.

sherrel:
using the Ethernet Shield with the on-board SD card.

Are you actually using the SD card? Or are you just saying you have a shield with an SD socket on it? The SD socket doesn't work properly on some versions of the shield.

The Webduino library has some examples that might work for you, iirc.

even if the relays were to be operated manually

How would they be operated "manually"? If there's some other circuitry that can energize them, you'll need to do something like add an extra pole to the relay to provide an input to the Arduino and let it know the relay's on.

Well, I used the term "relay" to make it a little easier to understand initially. It is actually a rotating type of solenoid which has a physical interface that can be rotated by hand. Internally, the solenoid has extra contacts which can be used to display its position (position 1 or position 2). These contacts would come back to the Arduino to be displayed on the web page as status.

I would be using the latest Arduino with the Ethernet Shield which has the SD card slot. I imagine that we would use the SD card to hold the graphic images for the web page mimic display. This would be in case we would require more memory for the graphics than would be available on the Arduino.

I can write up a much more detailed listing of what must be done, along with some mimic graphics that would be used for the project, if you're truly interested.

Ed

I am currently coding up a project for a client from the forum who wants to display web content based on input from the IO lines of the arduino. I would suggest that the whole web pages be placed on the sd card. That way you can just read it out to the ethernet port without having to process it on the arduino. Several pages could be created for each condition of the inputs. they could share images that are common.

Alternatively the images could be sources from the internet as external image links and this would reduce the memory considerably

PM me if you want to chat further about the options.

BTW the Input monitoring is trivial as well as the activation of the devices.

Cheers Pete

Alternatively the images could be sources from the internet as external image links and this would reduce the memory considerably

More importantly, it reduces the web traffic. Most people don't find out how painfully slow (compared to PCs) the SPI interface is until they try to move large volumes of data.

You absolutely do not want to serve images from the Arduino, unless you're doing it as an academic exercise or just to prove it can be done: the performance will suck.