Go Down

Topic: another avr_dude attempt 10 of 10 not in sync question  (Read 884 times) previous topic - next topic

bagofmoes

Hello,

I was working on a low power project with the arduino nano. I am not sure what i did, but I found a post somewhere to lower the frequency clock which was needed to turn my 5v nano into a 3v nano. something with higher frequency clockspeeds need higher voltage.

However, things got too complex and I never got to the part where you upload the bootloader. I did change a few files however. Since I only added stuff which I copied and pasted, there shouldn't be much harm right.. right?

So just assuming i didn't screw up anything, i started with project to use the 5v arduino with the current bootloader. after soldering everything together I couldn't flash the arduino and got the following error:

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Arduino: 1.6.11 (Windows 10), Board:"Arduino Nano, ATmega328"

De schets gebruikt 4.430 bytes (14%)  programma-opslagruimte. Maximum is 30.720 bytes.
Globale variabelen gebruiken 319 bytes (15%) van het dynamisch geheugen. Resteren 1.729 bytes voor lokale variabelen. Maximum is 2.048 bytes.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x30
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x20
Er is een fout opgetreden bij het uploaden van de schets

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I thought I broke it. also because I bypassed the regulator and put more than 6V on the nano... So I bought a new one. and without doing anything else, I can't upload the sketch either.. must be a software problem then.

So I reinstalled Arduino IDE. (didn't reboot between uninstall and install. would that matter?)
still the same problem..
Reinstalled the drivers for the FTDI chip.. same problem..

Since the stock program on the arduino is still there, I thought I could try to communicate with the arduino terminal. And it worked.. The arduino succesfully echoes the messages I send trough the terminal...

one more thing. I also have an arduino Uno and that one is working fine..

So, if it's not a broken arduino and it's not the ftdi drivers nor the arduino software.. what the heck is the problem then?

I hope that somebody can help

thankks in advance!

EDIT:
The problem apears to be a short between two ftdi pins.. however I can't confirm that the problem would be solved if I remove the short, because I messed up the chip while trying to repair the chip. one of the pads fell off and I got to the point of giving up.. Ill buy a new one next week.

Robin2

Ill buy a new one next week.
I don't think there is any value in consdering the problem until you have tried the new one.

...R
Two or three hours spent thinking and reading documentation solves most programming problems.

Go Up