Anyone created an arduino mega shield pcb?

I'm just curious, since the mega shield pcb length is 102mm, it exceeds the 100mm limit (for low price that is) of most pcb board houses.

I don't see any reason why I can't shave off the extra 2mm from the end of the board in order to stay within 10cm dimension, or is this not a good idea?

curious what others who have experience creating a mega shield did.

thanks.

found the answer to my own question.

on dirtypcb site, if I specify dimension 102mm x 54mm, 10 pieces will cost $25 + $6 shipping.
I can't use the protopak option since length exceeds 100mm limit.

I buy longer boards from www.iteadstudio.com
But I generally try to stay under 10cm x 10cm due to price jump.
Up to 100mm x 100mm , 10 pieces, $19.90 plus shipping ($8-9 for US Registered air mail)
Seems less expensive to me.

50mm x 100mm, 10 pieces, $14.90

The arduino mega shield dimension is 102mm so it will not be accepted under the 100mm pricing by any board house.
That was what I was asking in this thread, if people submitted the pcb dimension as 102mm or trimmed it to 100mm in order to get the better pricing. I think I am just going to trim 2mm off to get the better pricing.

doughboy:
The arduino mega shield dimension is 102mm so it will not be accepted under the 100mm pricing by any board house.
That was what I was asking in this thread, if people submitted the pcb dimension as 102mm or trimmed it to 100mm in order to get the better pricing. I think I am just going to trim 2mm off to get the better pricing.

It depends on the site. I have had no problems with Seeed and Itead when slightly exceeding the limit, I think they are checked by a human. The sites that use a script are not flexible.

But there is no problem to shave off the 2 mm.