Any way to use Unojoy as a PID?

Background: Im trying to revive this old steering wheel for ps2 by implementing an arduino. Just a project I have. I am done with the wheel and can use it, but the original ps2 wheel has a force feedback function and right now the motor just sits there and spins along, and I want to make use of it. The way I'm implemmenting the steering and overall controller functions is by Unojoy.

I have done some reading, defualt the Unojoy device is connected as a HID(human interface device), but if I want to read inputs from games, like how much to turn the wheel I need to use a PID(physical intf dvce). And from more reading it is not a feature in unojoy?? Anyone knows how I should continue my project? I found this pdf which goes indepth on PID: http://www.usb.org/developers/hidpage/pid1_01.pdf and I'm trying to understand it. If someone could help me along the way, show me some library or if someone has done this before I would really appreciate it. I don't really feel like re-inventing the wheel. :confused:

Charles