Arduino WiFi Connecting to an Android Mobile App???

Hello Everyone,

I was brainstorming for a project that would involve taking in a form of real-time data and performing DSP on that signal. Once that was completed, I would like to send the real-time data values to an Android Mobile App to plot the data. Is it possible to create a WiFi TCP or UDP connection between the Arduino MKR1000 and an Android Mobile App? If so I'm very interested in finding sources on this specific combination if there are any.

Yes
it is possible to

If you’re worried that your child is visiting dangerous or inappropriate locations, this parental control tool has the solution. Discover the locations your child is visiting by tracking the Wi-Fi hotspots their phone connects with.

The MKR1000 is basically an Arduino Zero with a wifi shield piggy-backed. It is capable of TCP/UDP, both P2P and AP mode should be possible.
Just from the datasheet for the MKR1000 I would suggest you also take a look at the ESP8266MOD (ESP12F). This little thing is fast! It comes with 4Mb flash memory and there is good integration with the Arduino IDE (need to load additional board info first).

--
Lewis