ESP8266FS will not work

I installed per instructions the ESP8266FS tool and I can see it in the 'tools' folder but it does not show up under the tools menu in the IDE as a choice? Tried re-installing several times but no difference. It worked OK on my old computer system.

I am working on a program by RUI SANTOS for using the ESP8266 SPIFFS function to download html and css data into the ESP8266 unit in SPIFFS.

Anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Joe L.

(deleted)

spycatcher2k:
Make up your mind! >:(

I have further clarified my statements in my post. It should be installed into the Arduino "tools" folder and when the "tools" menu choice is clicked, there is supposed to be a choice for "ESP8266 sketch data upload". This tool should download a html and a css file into the ESP8266 SPIFFS memory instead of using an SD card to display the data in a browser.

JOE L.

Make sure it's installed in the correct location. The folder structure should look like this:

{sketchbook folder}
|_tools
|_ESP8266FS
|_tool
|_esp8266fs.jar

You can find the location of your sketchbook folder in the Arduino IDE at File > Preferences > Sketchbook location.

I just installed the latest version of ESP8266FS (0.4.0) and it shows up as Tools > ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload in Arduino IDE 1.8.9.

I have done that. I removed the .jar extension and get the same result. The file is in the right place but does not shoe up in the tools menu as a function to act on. Cannot load "data" files into SPIFFS?

Joe

Joelaw:
I removed the .jar extension and get the same result.

Don't do that.

Joelaw:
Cannot load "data" files into SPIFFS?

What do you mean by that?