Error Compiling: Conflicting Libraries TFT_22_ILI9225.h and Adafruit_GFX.h

Hello, and thanks for helping me. This is my first post after browsing the threads for some time, but I may still commit some faus pax. So please forgive me.

I'm using an Arduino Mega 2560 R3 and a ILI9225 TFT display. They work fine with both the Arduino TFT and the TFT_22_ILI9225.h libraries (see bottom for links). However, when I install and include any of the Adafruit_GFX libraries I get the following error message. I think this line is the key to the problem, but I included it all just in case. Mind you, I'm not sure how to even read the message.

note: previous declaration as 'typedef struct GFXfont GFXfont'

If I need to go with different libraries that's fine. The keys I'm looking for are being able to rotate the screen to landscape, and have about 3 different sized thick bold fonts (about 20, 50 and 80 pixels tall).

If you know of a non-GFX font I can use that would be great. I just have no idea how to build one or install it into an Arduino sketch.

Any ideas are MORE than welcome!

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), TD: 1.45, Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_22_ILI9225-1.4.0\src/TFT_22_ILI9225.h:25:0,

from C:\Users\chris\Google Drive\Arduino\Screen_Tester_2\Screen_Tester_2.ino:7:

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_22_ILI9225-1.4.0\src/gfxfont.h:14:3: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct GFXglyph GFXglyph'

} GFXglyph;

^

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library/Adafruit_GFX.h:10:0,

from C:\Users\chris\Google Drive\Arduino\Screen_Tester_2\Screen_Tester_2.ino:2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library/gfxfont.h:18:3: note: previous declaration as 'typedef struct GFXglyph GFXglyph'

} GFXglyph;

^

In file included from C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_22_ILI9225-1.4.0\src/TFT_22_ILI9225.h:25:0,

from C:\Users\chris\Google Drive\Arduino\Screen_Tester_2\Screen_Tester_2.ino:7:

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\TFT_22_ILI9225-1.4.0\src/gfxfont.h:21:3: error: conflicting declaration 'typedef struct GFXfont GFXfont'

} GFXfont;

^

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library/Adafruit_GFX.h:10:0,

from C:\Users\chris\Google Drive\Arduino\Screen_Tester_2\Screen_Tester_2.ino:2:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_GFX_Library/gfxfont.h:27:3: note: previous declaration as 'typedef struct GFXfont GFXfont'

} GFXfont;

^

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Here is my code. Note: if you comment out the first 4 lines, it works just fine. If any one of them is there, It won't compile. And yes, I've installed all the necessary libraries as far as I can tell.

#include <Adafruit_GFX.h>
#include <Adafruit_SPITFT.h>
#include <Adafruit_SPITFT_Macros.h>
#include <gfxfont.h>

#include <TFT_22_ILI9225.h>
#include <SPI.h>

#define CS A5
#define RS A3  
#define RESET A4
#define SDI A2
#define CLK A1
#define LED A0
#define BRIGHTNESS 0
TFT_22_ILI9225 screen = TFT_22_ILI9225(RESET, RS, CS, SDI, CLK, LED);

void setup() {

screen.begin();  
 screen.setBackgroundColor(COLOR_BLACK);
 screen.setOrientation(1);
 screen.setColor(255,255,255);
 screen.drawText(10, 10, "HI!", COLOR_GREEN);
}

void loop() {

screen.drawText(50, 50, "HI!  ", COLOR_RED);  
 delay(1000);
 screen.drawText(50, 50, "BYE!", COLOR_BLUE);
 delay(1000);

}

Finally i've tried to get this working on the digital pins vs the analog. All the examples use the digital, but none of them have ever worked unless I made them all analog.

Again, thank you for any help.
Here are the links to the TFT_22_ILI9225.h wiki as well as Adafruit GFX

TFT_22_ILI9225 wiki

Adafruit GFX Using fonts

Also, these libraries are supposed to work together according to the wiki.

First post:
Using a Mega 2560 with clone LCD 16x2 display.

Compiling; "[Error] stdlib_noiso.h: No such file or directory."

Previous successful compilation line had opened "LiquidCrystal.h".

Google searches for "stdlib_noiso", "stdlib_noiso.h" unsuccessful, as was searches for those terms within Arduino.cc.

Please advise.

James.

(sigh).
Previously opened file was "Arduino.h" according to the list of files being compiled in the Arduino IDE,
as found on the top tab of the IDE.

rshunter05:
Also, these libraries are supposed to work together according to the wiki.

I think you are misinterpreting what the wiki says:

Adafruit has information on generating fonts for their GFX library which will work with this library: Adafruit GFX Graphics Library: Using Fonts.

What that's saying is that the fonts generated following that tutorial with work with the TFT_22_ILI9225 library. It does not mean that you can use the Adafruit GFX library and the TFT_22_ILI9225 library at the same time.

Remove the #include directives for the Adafruit GFX library and the error will go away.

Ok...palm to forehead...I'm a complete spaz.

I think I've just been so focused on all the parts of my project that I forgot how to read.

Top it off. The middle example from the TFT_22_ILI9225.h library is a GFX example! I just worked throguh the first and third examples so much I didn't even see the middle one.

Thaank you again!

I'll try it all sometime later this week...

You're welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance. Enjoy!
Per