Bmp280

Hi, I'm trying to create a weather station with Arduino uno, shield ethernet and bme280 but it won't work.

If you want more than just sympathy, you will have to post a whole lot more detail than that.

Just keep in mind that we can't see what you can, and we don't know what "won't work" means to you.

I don't have a BMP280, but have had great success with its predecessor the BMP180, basically using the adafruit example code. What code are you using?- adafruit has a tutorial and code for the 280 here.

Just for interest, the pic shows my output fed to adafruit's IoT MQTT site, using a nodemcu.

francesco28:
Hi, I'm trying to create a weather station with Arduino uno, shield ethernet and bmp280 but it won't work.

I expect there's a problem with the code you're using or the way you have things connected. But it's just a guess.

Do you want to give us a bit more information to go on?

Steve

I connected the pin of the bmp280 sensor like this:

• VCC-->3,3V
  • GND-->GND
  • SCL-->12
  • SDA-->11
  • SDO-->GND

And this is the code:

#include "ThingSpeak.h"
#include <Wire.h>
#include <Adafruit_BMP085.h>  // la libreria Adafruit BMP085 funziona anche per il sensore BMP180
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Ethernet.h>

#define USE_ETHERNET_SHIELD

Adafruit_BMP085 bmp;

// Configurazione indirizzo mac della Ethernet shield
   byte mac[] = { 0xDE, 0xAD, 0xBE, 0xEF, 0xFE, 0xED};
   EthernetClient client;

// inseriamo i valori del nostro canale Thingspeak

unsigned long myChannelNumber = ******;
const char * myWriteAPIKey = "********";

void setup() {
  // inizializziamo le componenti
  Ethernet.begin(mac);
  ThingSpeak.begin(client);
  bmp.begin();
}

void loop() {

//ThingSpeak.setField(1,bmp.readTemperature());

float temperatura = bmp.readTemperature();
    Serial.print("Temperatura");
    Serial.println(temperatura);
    ThingSpeak.setField(1,temperatura);
    float pressure_mb = (bmp.readPressure())/100; // diviso 100 per avere la lettura in millibar
    ThingSpeak.setField(2,pressure_mb);

// Manda i valori che hai impostato tutti in una sola volta.
  ThingSpeak.writeFields(myChannelNumber, myWriteAPIKey);  

delay(20000); // ThingSpeak accetterà solo aggiornamenti ogni 15 secondi. 
}

There's something wrong with it?

I connected the pin of the bmp280 sensor like this:
VCC-->3,3V
GND-->GND
SCL-->12
SDA-->11
SDO-->GND

Those aren't I2C pins on a Uno, which are A4 (SDA) and A5 (SCL). Also duplicated next to the reset button.

Ok, now I changed the pin connection
VCC-->3,3V
GND-->GND
SCL-->A5
SDA-->A4
Now Arduino gives in output 0°C and 0 pressure

Does the board have level shifters on it? It is hard to tell from only a rear-view.

How long are the wires? I2C cannot go long distances. More than 3 feet will require some effort.

. . .

#include <Adafruit_BMP085.h>  // la libreria Adafruit BMP085 funziona anche per il sensore BMP180
. . .

Wouldn't you have more luck with the Adafruit BMP280 library?

Don

I did everything suggested and all my ESPNodeMCU and Wemos D1 mini pros have errors. If I change the BMP Arduino.h to 0x76 it craps out. If I try and run I2c nothing shows up. I think I might move some sketches that work and then uninstall ALL Arduino and start over. Ughhh

Why have you touched Arduino.h ?