Vibration Motor help

Hey Guys,
I am a complete newbie to arduino and would love some guidance with my project...

I would like to get a coin vibration motor to work wirelessly with my arduino so that:
-it vibrates every 5 min time interval, but if a button is pressed (on the arduino which is connected wirelessly to the motor) then it vibrates every 10 min time interval.

Ideas on how to go about setting this up?

Should I use 2 bluetooth modules with one attached to a reciever, the vibration motor + arduino and another to a transmitter +arduino, so the 2 bluetooth modules can communicate with eachother?

-thinking of using 2 NRF24L01 modules?!
and was looking at this example: https://howtomechatronics.com/tutorials/arduino/arduino-wireless-communication-nrf24l01-tutorial/ <-- how could i could adapt this for my project and to work with a smaller arduino than a nano (attempting to make it smaller so it fits into a small dome you can clip to your sleeve -like a cufflink)

Any form of help or direction would be hugely appreciated as this is for a uni project due in a few weeks time :slight_smile:

I would use the RF24 radios which, in my opinion, are easier to use than Bluetooth for communicating between Arduinos. Robin2's RF24 tutorial will get you going on their use.

Thank you so much for your help, at least i now know i am heading in the right direction with choosing these modules, (karma added)

I think I will link one up to an arduino uno (transmiting end) and another to an arduino mini - if compatible (recieving end)

What type of arduino do you reckon i should use to control the coin vibration motor? a lilypad or a nano?

I think an arduino lilpad, is specifically designed to be woven into fabrics?! so is there an equivalent version arduino that is small and portable, not for fabrics?

I don't know anything about Liliypad so can't speak to that. An Arduino that is powered by 3.3V would simplify your project as the RF24 is 3.3V powered.

Thanks!

Any recommendations for the type of arduino to use at the reciever end?

I would like it to be able to fit into something you can wear on your sleeve -(like a giant cufflink)

I have looked into the nano, mini and micro... but the problem with them is that they all seem to require a breadboard

Would the arduino lilypad be a good idea? if so which version do you recommend? I have no experience with this type of ardiuno at all

There is a section of the forum called Interactive Art that more deals with wearable project questions. You might get better help there. This is kind of outside my experience. If you would like to do that, click the "report to moderator" at the bottom of each post and ask to move this thread there.

Thanks, I will do that :slight_smile: