Arduino sales (required for a research project)

Hi,

I'm doing some research on Arduino, Raspberry pi and other boards / devices used for physical computing projects.

I'm trying to gauge how popular these devices are and therefore trying to get some data on the number of sales made in a certain year and/or the number built in a certain year.

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

Chris

Try Arduino Official Store | Boards Shields Kits Accessories for official Arduino boards. However, many times more clones and counterfeits are sold, and you will have to do some educated guessing as to how many of those.

Arduino sales would only give you a very tiny fraction of the actual figures.

As Issac says

Clones / copies / counterfeits / etc etc would need to be included in those sales figures and I dont see any way of you getting those.

Then there are the CHIP only sales which could also skew any numbers.

Add to that the amount of other variations such as ESP8266 etc often used in place of both the Arduino and Raspi.

The same but to a slightly lesser degree would apply to the raspi with variations also quite abundant out in the wild.

The best you could do is to form some sort of extrapolation but even that would need to be tightly controlled as a data set to even get within (guess) > 30%