[SOLVED] Arduino language

OldSteve:
@curious48 , perhaps your time would be better spent learning the language and it's usage, then practising, than writing technical articles on something you appear to know very little about.

:smiley:

There you go, I should "learn the language", technically, I've I've programmed C and C++ before the Arduino language existed, so since Arduino isn't a language, I've programmed the language before it existed :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Seriously though:

There is a ton of muddying the waters done by the Arduino project, and the Wikipedia article makes clear why: "The goal was to create low cost, simple tools for non-engineers to create digital project".

So for the record: the questions I've posed in this thread are completely justified. Arduino goes out of its way to hide the fact that there is no such thing as the Arduino programming language.

Arduino programs are a minimally processed set of C/C++ files. ~~ I think I was asking a question about why the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.~~ :smiley: :smiley:

But don't act like it's my fault for being mislead, asking and wanting to know.

Anyway, I began this thread by quoting (this wasn't directed at me):

>"There is no Arduino language! This is part of why some people hate Arduino, because they never took the time to actually understand what Arduino is and is not. If there really was an Arduino language that would be a good reason to hate it but instead we're using real, professional, programming languages. Sure, the IDE takes care of a bit of the less beginner friendly stuff but you can override any of that if you want.""

And part of this doesn't tell the whole story. It's not that "because they never took the time to actually understand what Arduino is and is not."

In my case, I would rewrite the above as:

"The Arduino language is the Arduino project's name for C and C++. They never use the latter phrasing to refer to Arduino code, and go so far as to call programs sketches."

This would clearly identify what is actually going on! :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for all of your answers, everyone.

[Edit: struck out my whining]