Arduino UNO not uploading

Hi,

About 2 months ago I started a project for a robotics competition in my area, and I'm using an Arduino UNO for most of it. Until some couple weeks ago I was able to upload my code normally to the board, but suddenly the IDE was stuck on the upload message. At first, I thought it was my bluetooth adapter driver I installed around the same period, but even after disabling it, I still can't upload code. Then, I tried changing cables, then changing boards, ports, and realized the issue was on a higher level. Here's the error message after turning verbose on:

Using Port                    : COM5
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x7f

Am using Arduino IDE 1.8.9

Do you have anything connected to pins 0, 1, or reset on the Uno? Disconnect those if so - those pins are used by the upload process and other devices connected to them can interfere with that.

Sorry, I was absent for a while, could not access the forum. Anyways, no, I don't have any pins connected. I used to have, but I always remove those pins before uploading. Also, I noticed that when i try to upload to a board on my computer (the one I originally can't upload), I'm not able to upload a program from other machines anymore to that board. Really weird.

Make sure you have selected the port of your Arduino board from the Tools > Port menu.

Sometimes the port will be labeled with the board name in the menu. Other times it will not. If you don’t know which port is your Arduino, you can find it like this:

• Unplug your Arduino board from the computer.
  • Tools > Port
  • Note the ports, if any, listed in the menu.
  • Close the Tools menu
  • Plug your Arduino board into the computer.
  • Tools > Port - The new port listed in the menu is your Arduino board.

Yes, I've selected the right port. I have no other serial devices connected to my computer, and the Uno board is listed under device manager.

I think the next step is to try to burn the bootloader on your Uno. You will need an ISP programmer or a spare Arduino you can use as an "Arduino as ISP" programmer:

Thanks, I will try that. I will need to borrow a board from someone else, for all of mine are with the same problem.

dmar2502:
all of mine are with the same problem.

How many? Did they all start having the problem at the same time?

Having the same problem on multiple boards does point to the problem being on your computer, rather than the boards. However, it's also possible that you submitted each of the boards to the same conditions that damaged them in some way.