Which pin is "output"?

Suppose I want to read Green component of a color sample using the TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor ... see attachment.

It is my understanding that I need to take the SDA and SCL pins LOW in order to read from the sensor.

My question is ... from which pins do I take the output?

Thanks,

SeniorGeezer

TCS34725.jpg

It is quite a bit more complicated than that. Google "TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor arduino" for tutorials.

SeniorGeezer:
Suppose I want to read Green component of a color sample using the TCS34725 RGB Color Sensor ... see attachment.
3c28c4c1472f1f9509489612e5938989eea2b86d.jpg
It is my understanding that I need to take the SDA and SCL pins LOW in order to read from the sensor.

SDA normally, but you also need SCL. Together they're the I2C bus, normally read using the Wire library.

You'll probably be able to find a library for this sensor that does all the work for you.

SeniorGeezer:

Thanks,

SeniorGeezer

google provided this link to the library specifically to do what you want it has some examples and links to the wiring instructions

I think I might want to get one of these RGB sensors :slight_smile:
Z