PCB board drawing

KirAsh4:
You're saying the two bottommost pins are 9V raw input? Yet, it's the same color as your 5V line? Do you understand where or why it's confusing? :slight_smile:

This is correct. I'd forgotten to change them.

So if I understand you right, you have 9V (Vin) being supplied on the bottom. The 'T' shape traces are +9V, correct? From there, you have two regulators, one that regulates down to 3V3 (V3V3) and one that regulates to 5V (V5), correct?

Correct

Then, V3V3 is a single trace that goes up to the logic level as well as the HH10D and the BMP085.
The V5 trace goes to the DS1307, runs on the right hand side up to the logic level and on the way also connect to two additional pins around the Mini.

Correct

Question: what's the red bridge across the two pins on the left hand header? If that's supplied voltage, where is that coming from? It's not connected to anything.

reset and GND for external reset button. And the 2 standalone pins below the mini is the +5/GND pin header for the bluetooth module.

Same thing on the small board, if it's being stacked ontop of the larger one, where is the V3v3 and GND being supplied from? Which pins are they being connected to?

Yes it's to be a stacked shield. It's going to get power via wire jumpers from the logic board's 3V3 and ground. I have pass-through headers on the logic level for this reason.

Understand that I'm not trying to be a pain here. I want you to get a board that works, not one that once you connect stuff to it you realize something's amiss. Not knowing what the electrical diagram looks like, I have to rely on you to explain these bits and pieces.

I know. Right now I have it on soldered breadboard so I know it works, but it's a complete mess.

At 9Vin, the current is 70ma with my meter.

If I had to guess, the 3V3 line:

• probably carries 6mA to each sensor

• I don't know how much the logic level pulls (say 2 ma)

• but the LCD display pulls 15mA @ 3V3 including the controller IC (what the smaller board is for)

• So say 30mA on the 3V3 line.

5V line:

• bluetooth I know pulls 25ma because the overall jumps from 45mA to 70mA when I connect it

• the DS1307 runs on coin cell until polled over I2C so it's a non-factor (5ma at most?)

• so assume the arduino pulls ~15ma.

• So say 40-45mA on the 5V line.