NewPing Library: HC-SR04, SRF05, SRF06, DYP-ME007, Parallax PING))) - v1.7

karan2012singh:
hii,..i m using hc-sr04 ultrasonic sensor,..i m using the lastest version of ping,...all my connections are fine,,... and the code i m running is..
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Getting a reliable ping every 50 milliseconds isn't possible with other ping or ultrasonic libraries.
// These kinds of speeds work perfectly with the NewPing library. Even at the maximum sensor distance of
// 500cm, distance measurements can be done 20 times a second! If you set the maximum distance to 200cm
// as we have in this example sketch, even faster pings can be achieved. I suggest waiting at least 37
// milliseconds between pings to avoid previous ping echo issues, that translates to a maximum ping rate
// of around 27 times per second. Much better than the sometimes 1 ping a second with other libraries.
//

#include <NewPing.h>

#define TRIGGER_PIN 12 // Arduino pin tied to trigger pin on ping sensor.
#define ECHO_PIN 13// Arduino pin tied to echo pin on ping sensor.
#define MAX_DISTANCE 200
// Maximum distance we want to ping for (in centimeters). Maximum sensor distance is rated at 400-500cm.

NewPing sonar(TRIGGER_PIN, ECHO_PIN, MAX_DISTANCE); // NewPing setup of pins and maximum distance.

unsigned int pingSpeed = 50; // How frequently are we going to send out a ping (in milliseconds). 50ms would be 20 times a second.
unsigned long pingTimer = 75; // Holds the next ping time, start at 75ms to give time for the Arduino pins to stabilize.

void setup() {
Serial.begin(115200); // Open serial monitor at 115200 baud to see ping results.
}

void loop() {
// Notice how there's no delays in this sketch to allow you to do other processing in-line while doing distance pings.
if (millis() >= pingTimer) { // pingSpeed milliseconds since last ping, do another ping.
pingTimer += pingSpeed; // Set the next ping time.
Serial.print("Ping: ");
int cm = sonar.ping_cm(); // Send out the ping, get the results in centimeters.
Serial.print(cm); // Print the result (0 = outside the set distance range, no ping echo)
Serial.println("cm");
}
}
and the output coming is..
Ping: 0cm
and continue....
i dont know why,..the sensor is just giving this output
plzz help

Try connecting it to pins 5 and 6 instead of 12 and 13. Also, is there a clear shot in front of your sensors? No wires or stuff in the way? Sensor at the edge of your breadboard? A user sent me a sensor that experienced the same problem on his Arduino, but on mine it works just fine. So, I'm starting to think it's how it's being wired or what the environment is.

Tim