Has anyone used the Visuino software ?

Is it any good ?

1 Like

hsteve:
Hi there,

Has anyone used the Visuino software ?

Is it any good ?

https://www.visuino.com/

You tell us since you seem to pimping for them.

It was a simple question you jerk.

I've no connection with the company and just want to know if it's worth my time trying to learn it.

1 Like

hsteve:
It was a simple question you jerk.

I've no connection with the company and just want to know if it's worth my time trying to learn it.

you = 1 post

asking about something you can easily check yourself

very questionable

You could say that about any post on this forum.

Forums are an exchange of information not an excuse for smart asses to act superior.

1 Like

hsteve:
You could say that about any post on this forum.

Forums are an exchange of information not an excuse for smart asses to act superior.

Newbies ask about their projects which they are trying to code or build.

People don't appreciate being spammed in the guise of pretending to ask for information.
It happens a lot.

If the OP really does not have any involvement with Visuino then his question seems perfectly reasonable.

I have never used it so I can't help.

I am always a bit wary about things like Visuino that shield you from the nuts and bolts because you will be be very badly stuck if you get deep into a project and then find that it can't do something because the developers never bothered to provide for some special case - or if the documentation fails to explain something clearly.

...R

If programs such as Visuino make it easier to program Arduinos then it will improve the popularity of the Arduino system and possibly help to ensure its survival.

Of course, it may make programming too easy, promoting ignorance of the fundamentals.

I guess it's similar to motor cars these days, do we really need to know how everything under the hood works , or are we happy just unplugging faulty modules and putting new ones in ?

Robin2:
If the OP really does not have any involvement with Visuino then his question seems perfectly reasonable.

And how are we suppose to know when the very first question asked is about a piece of software noone around here uses or knows about?

And since he gave you pushback for your response, one wonders how much he really cares about other opinions except his own about this software? And since that is the case, why bother asking? Just he should go use it and ignore us.

"And how are we suppose to know when the very first question asked is about a piece of software noone around here uses or knows about?"

How was I supposed to know that ?

That was the point in asking.

I probably won't use it now, I was looking for positive recommendations from an established Arduino community.

1 Like

Support the original developers of Arduino.

hsteve:
I guess it's similar to motor cars these days, do we really need to know how everything under the hood works , or are we happy just unplugging faulty modules and putting new ones in ?

There are some parallels.

But Ford, Volkswagen etc spend $millions developing and testing their systems.

And a program for developing other programs is a very different concept from a car intended to carry people around. If your Toyota were to fail you could put all the people in a Mazda or a Mercedes and continue your journey. The API will be identical.

...R

hsteve:
I probably won't use it now, I was looking for positive recommendations from an established Arduino community.

You should try it yourself. After all I have made it to run free now for 15 minutes every time you run without even any registration :wink: . and I am trying to make at least some basic version completely free and time unlimited.
Only if you try for yourself you will know if it works for you, no need to ask here, especially since this forum is mostly for hardcore Arduino coders, and they are unlikely to have used Visuino :wink: .
On the other hand, I have added recently the option to inject your own custom code in the Visuino Pro Beta, and once people are happy with it will move it to the standard version, so if something is missing in Visuino you can add it in the custom code component and have practically no limitation by what is currently supported in Visuino :wink:

Cheers,
Boian

BTW: Since I am the only person that develops Visuino, anything posted by others is unlikely to be a Visuino SPAM (at least not sanctioned by me), and I avoid spamming you guys, since I love and respect what you are doing :slight_smile: After all, you are the ones that made Visuino possible in the first place :slight_smile:

There is also a dedicated thread for Visuino:
https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=306659.0
You should probably ask Visuino related questions there to avoid spamming :wink: I will try to keep that thread active from now on.