eBay Power Bank Sellers

Hi CB,
Many thanks for shifting into a new thread.
I was a little concerned with stomping over the original with this.

I should mention that I have never mentioned theft or stealing.
I was simply discussing the facts.

It is a fact that in the UK if you purchase something that is not as described you have the legal right to get your money back. If the sellers of such items want to have their product returned it is entirely up to them and their legal right also.

I have never said no to such requests, though I have told a seller once that I was unprepared to use the shipping label they provided as RoyalMail have a blanket BAN on shipping Powerbanks within their network.

So I do not think in any way that I could be accused of being a thief.

Obviously the way that I presented the facts in my first message may have triggered some people to thinking I was encouraging people to scam others but on reflection I hope that it is clear this is not the case.

Comes the question of whether doing something with reasonable knowledge of what the outcome may be should be classed as bad behaviour. Hope not as this is how most people go about their daily life.

Given the fact that I have been communicating with ebay 3 or 4 times a week on this matter for several months, and given that they have clearly admitted that the only way they can take action on fraudulent listings is with the help of their members purchasing items and reporting them thru the normal process this is what I am doing, as per eBays instruction. eBay do not have any staff with technical knowledge and so they simply rely on searching google for their answers.

Like I had mentioned, if I do actually receive a 500 or 300 kmAh powerbank, there will be nothing to report and I would make no attempt to exercise my rights as none would have been infringed.

I guess it is like the sellers who sell 512GB sd cards for next to nothing, while only supplying a doctored card of lower capacity. These and similar sellers should be tackled and stopped otherwise the process of online shopping becomes more and more like a game of Russian roulette with a fully loaded weapon.

Hv.