Monokai Arduino IDE Color Theme

Hey peeps! This morning I spent some time making my Arduino IDE more like Sublime Text 2's Monokai color scheme. It's about as close as I can get, there really are not enough system variables to make it happen without more hacking on the source code (not really an effort I want to undertake). Regardless I think it's VERY nice if you like darker themes and thought I'd share it with you all.

Snack it up :wink:

Hello BDub,

THIS is the colour theme I've always wanted to get. I've found staring at a very white background is very disorientating but I wanted
to keep the Arduino IDE as I don't want to go through another learning curve by learning another IDE just for its background

Cheers BDub, Thanks for your contribution.

Dennis

Thanks for this. Saved me a LOT of time getting the look I wanted.

I downloaded Liberation Mono (from Find Free Fonts » Font Squirrel) and changed preferences.txt to
editor.font=LiberationMono,plain,18
editor.font.macosx=LiberationMono,plain,18

It's not the default Sublime Text 2 font (Emilbus Mono), but I think it's very close.

just passing by to say TANKS A LOT :wink:

OK, i got a bit board recently of the blue IDE colouring so I decided to start work on an editor for the theme.txt file

this is a work in progress and is by no means complete.

have a look and see what you think

it currently does not write back to the file yet so you cannot save your created themes but i will continue to work on this

Arduino Gui Colour Editor

it was written in visual basic 6 and works on windows 7 as that's what I used

What happened with Colour Editor?

MAc