Interest in 1284P boards?

Thanks Lefty. Paypal will be to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Let's see what interest is like, or if this whole idea falls apart and I go back to just offering bare boards.

When I was looking for a more stable 1284P prototyping platform, there were only two that sparked my interest:

1. The Atmel MEGA-1284P Xplained http://store.atmel.com/PartDetail.aspx?q=p:10500272#tc:description
  2. and your board.

Didn't go with the XPLD because of the fluff.

I really like your setup, but I use JTAG for debugging and programming.

There are a few more options out there but all in all, for the 1284, choices are pretty limited.

I ended up making my own (I was tired of wires and thru hole components going everywhere). Have all the parts, the PCBs will arrive in 3 days. Here is a rendered pic if curious. I don't have a cool name (or any) for it.

If you make a through hole version in the future with JTAG broken out, I will definitely be interested in purchasing one or two. I like the idea of being able to swap out the chip if needed.

Dave

OK, CR, count me in for two.
(Do you need a PM?)

interesting layout drobe011. You're a little more hard core on tools than most with the JTAG investment.

Runaway Pancake, just interest & qty is good for now. That's at least 4.

@CrossRoads add me in for two as well.

Okay, that's 6. 4 or 5 more and I'll place the order and take a chance on the balance.

Count me in for 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 2 spare controller chips. Canada.

Thanks!

CrossRoads:
Thanks Lefty. Paypal will be to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Let's see what interest is like, or if this whole idea falls apart and I go back to just offering bare boards.

So should I place an order at this time?

Lefty

I'm in for one board and one Mikroe-483.

9 + 1 controller. I have a fencing meeting in an hour, if the wife doesn't make me too busy I'll order parts when I get back.

I suggest moving this thread to Products & Services and waiting a few more days. I suspect you'll pick up a few more.

I will be ordering some extra 1284's also for those that want a 2nd or 3rd microcontroller, $5.75 each.
Added to the list of costs in the original post.

note to all:

I built out one of these a week ago, the board is very good quality. I'm using mine with a lab supply and did not build out the power supply. Build time about 60 minutes if you pull all the parts ahead of time and have a proper heat, small tip soldering iron.

I'm using Sparkfun's FTDI module, auto-reset works correctly. A knock-off Hong Kong version also worked, but the Sparkfun is dual-voltage via jumper clip, nicer.

You will not be disappointed.

Ray

Ok folks, please send your order requests with payment via paypal to cardinalflyer @ comcast dot net.
Be specific on what you want:

of kits

of extra 1284's if desired

wallwart voltage if desired
MIKROE-483 if desired

I got home later than planned after a contentious meeting, so the ordering will happen tonight.
I still plan to order for 25 kits, but will not be ordering wallwarts & MIKROE-483s unless they are asked for.

[EDIT] I'll hold off on ordering until Wednesday night (east coast US time) to allow a little time for folks to respond, I have no particular reason to rush.

LarryD:
Count me in for 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 2 spare controller chips. Canada.

Thanks!

If it is not too late change this to 2 unassembled kits (no wall wart) plus 5 spare controller chips

Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.

CrossRoads:
Can do. $27 + (5 x $5.75) = $55.75.

$27 X 2 + (5 X $5.75) + $5(Canada) + $2(1 beer for you) = $89.75 US dollars, Correct?
LarryD

Yes, thanks for the correction. For multiple kits, its $27 for 1st and $22 for additional, I can stuff multiple kits into 1 box. So $84.75 with the beer tip 8)

@CrossRoads can I also get just order the parts, less the PCB? I still have two of the PCBs I ordered previously.

Sure. $27 - $4.50 = $22.50
1 set?