Arduino Builder – utility for viewing, building and uploading Arduino sketch

With my utility, compiled hex is always stored in the same directory of the sketch.

stanleyhuang:
With my utility, compiled hex is always stored in the same directory of the sketch.

Wow, nice. That feature alone is worth using your utility. Can your utility do a compile without a upload, much like the IDE has a verify option that just compiles a sketch without having to have the board attached?

Lefty

The CLI can do this, simply by specifying - for serial port option in the command line. I will add this feature to GUI soon.

Just released 0.6.1. In this revision, I added a "Build Only" button to do compiling only. A pie chart UI was also added to show memory consumption for target MCU.

I'm having trouble getting your application to run on my windows XP SP3 system.

Version 6.1
opening file explorer and clicking on ....GUI.exe, I see opening window of your GUI app for about 3 seconds, it then disappears and file explorer just hangs with a hourglass cursor. Task manager says file explorer is not responding, can't quit file explorer and have to reboot to recover.

Version 6.0
Opening file explorer and click on ....GUI.exe , I get opening window of your GUI app. Select Uno board and point to a arduino sketch .ino file and then click on comm 5 (my uno board's comm port) and GUI says error uploading.

Lefty

retrolefty:

Version 6.1
opening file explorer and clicking on ....GUI.exe, I see opening window of your GUI app for about 3 seconds, it then disappears and file explorer just hangs with a hourglass cursor. Task manager says file explorer is not responding, can't quit file explorer and have to reboot to recover.

Instead of re-booting, open Task Manager and 'End Process' on explorer.exe. Then from within Task Manager do File->New Task and type explorer.exe and hit okay. Should be quicker than re-booting.

Riva:

retrolefty:

Version 6.1

Instead of re-booting, open Task Manager and 'End Process' on explorer.exe. Then from within Task Manager do File->New Task and type explorer.exe and hit okay. Should be quicker than re-booting.

When I try to End Process on explorer.exe (not responding) task manger kills it and then shows a new copy of explorer.exe starting and it also is not responding. As I said rebooting was the only way to get going again.

Lefty

I will test it on XP soon.
It runs quite well in Windows 7.

Version 0.6.2 is released. The new version fixed several issues and works well Windows XP.

stanleyhuang:
Version 0.6.2 is released. The new version fixed several issues and works well Windows XP.

Thank you very much, I will give it a try sometime later today.

Lefty

Well I gave it a try and it's still a no go. Lock's up file explorer and can only reboot to recover. Maybe it's my machine, so best to have someone else with an XP report if it works for them or not.

Lefty

I tested in on Windows XP in VM. What's your IE version? Is it 6.0? The UI (including the pie chart) is HTML based as I plan to port it to other OS than Windows.

The new release of 0.7.0 has added options for MCU operating frequency including 20Mhz, 16Mhz, 12Mhz and 8Mhz. An interesting Arduino variant (based on ATMega644pa) named Microduino+ is also supported in this version.

Code viewer is added in 0.8.0 and the GUI version has been renamed from Arduino Uploader to Arduino Builder as it is no longer an uploader alone.

stanleyhuang:
Code viewer is added in 0.8.0 and the GUI version has been renamed from Arduino Uploader to Arduino Builder as it is no longer an uploader alone.

hello sir,

this is having a bug when ArduinoBuilder-0.8.3 is used.

GUI and a hex file is able to burn to Nano3.0 correctly, PDE or INO is either no provided and no used.

however, we want simply and further user isolation and more easy, used the ArduinoUploader.exe command line tool alone, and also provided a hex file only, but it does not work.

followings command lines are not working at all,

ArduinoUploader test.hex 7 COM4
ArduinoUploader test 7 COM4

PC, Win7 64bit, ArduinoBuilder-0.8.3

would you please help to check what was wrong with our command line.

best regards,
xiao

Hi stanleyhuang,
Is it hard to add support for other processors and pinout variants?

Whenever I try to run Arduino Builder I keep getting the window below. Any idea ho to overcome this?

Hi!
This is an awesome tool!
However, is it possible to change the directory for the libraries but still include the standard arduino libraries? Pretty much multi-folder scanning for libraries. I (and probably everyone else) hold their libraries the folder that the Arduino IDE provides. It would be nice if as well as scanning the libraries folder inside the Arduino Builder folder, it could also scan one selected by the user and then save that preference. I tried creating a symbolic link to my arduino libraries folder inside of the library folder for Arduino Builder, but it failed.

Windows 8 32-bit (Works perfectly!)
Arduino Mega 2560 R3

From my experience with windows, this means exactly what it says. Try using Arduino Builder with no internet on your computer (disable WiFi and unplug the ethernet). You can try clicking the "refresh page" link. Lastly, you should try re-downloading Arduino Builder and putting it somewhere else on your machine. Is your computer fully updated (Windows Update)? Are you using the most recent version of Internet Explorer? Is your antivirus/firewall blocking the connection? Speaking of which: what is your antivirus program? Is there anything in its log saying it blocked Arduino Builder? Have you restarted your computer?

What this definitely means is that Arduino Builder somehow relies on the internet to run. Personally, I think that is a major problem in the application. Try everything above.

This is a great program Stanley. Just what I have been looking for.
Is there any chance of adding support for the Lilypad Leonardo?