womarts LCD touch

Mine showed up today. Having only used the Uno previously, I had two minor stumbles, after which the womart LCD worked.

1. I neglected to select the board type under Tools in the Arduino menu, so PORTA and PORTC were reported as undeclared
  2. I had to install the USB driver from the Arduino drivers folder (fixed via directions at: http://9thsense.com/arduino-instruction/)

So other than those rookie mistakes, it works fine.

The demo code that womarts provided is outdated, and I couldn't make it work. However, the newer TFT library from Electronics - Henning Karlsen worked perfectly. Likewise the UTouch from Henning Electronics - Henning Karlsen works just fine.

So the womarts offering seems to be a pretty good deal at $15.00! (Oops, I see they are going for $21.50 now. Inflation is rampant!)

Edit: I didn't have the pin alignment issues Deltac0 described. Mine mated up perfectly. I also note the Mega board I have is apparently a clone as well, having a two-circle logo instead of the stylized infinity symbol of the genuine Arduino part. That would explain how aliexpress.com can sell them for $15. I suppose they are free to make their own boards and sell them, but it's rather shameful to counterfeit the logo.

Edit2: I just went through the exercise of testing the SD card aspects. After changing the (two!) reference from 4 to 53 in Cardinfo example, it worked just fine. At first I didn't realize the card pushes in, clicks, but then must be pushed in further to latch it into place. Until I did that Cardinfo couldn't access the card.