Uploading Problem!!!

I am facing a strange problem. When I burned the bootloader the first time onto ATMEGA8, the sketch get uploaded easily and the led is blinking perfectly. But when I am trying to upload the sketch again, I am getting error: avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Again when I burned the Bootloader 2nd time, the sketch got uploaded easily first time but the second time I tried to upload sketch, I am receiving the same error.

Why is this problem happening that once I uploaded the sketch, the next time I upload the Sketch I get an error. I have selected the board option as Arduino NG or older w Atmega 8

Seems like a common problem. I'm pretty new at this but I did encounter that error early on. Just want to share my experience working around this.

I hooked up a brand new Mini04(328) to the AVR USB module. The first 'Blink' test sketch uploaded and ran fine. On the second upload, the dreaded STK500 message appeared. After ploughing through forums, re-checking solder points and 'reset mashing', I still couldn't get the thing to take. (I manage to 'brick' stuff pretty well but this just took the cake.)

After fooling around with the settings out of frustration, managed to get it working by changing the board type to the UNO. However, the board still had to be manually reset during the final upload phase, just after compilation completes.

@vineetrocks: When you burned the bootloader you failed to set the lock-bits.