Where is the latest Due EAGLE Design files?

Hey guys,

I found there are some differences between the new/old Arduino Due photos on Due product page. The position of IC10 is different. Why its

Is that possible to get the latest Rev 3 one?

Thanks,
Tony

There is only one photo on the product page, what is it different to?

Rob

What's on the website is the latest version we have.
There might be some tiny difference between the eagle and the picture. we made some last minute housekeeping before releasing the last batch.
(sometime pictures are taken on a version of the board which is not exactly the one that comes out of production. in these cases we update the pictures as soon as we get the chance)

m

Thank you sir. Hoping get updates soon.

This makes no sense to me.

The Eagle board layout file on the website shows the IC10 component in a location (positioned between the pin headers) that is the same as from a much older photo. A more recent photo of a Due shows it had been moved to quite a different location (lower left hand quadrant of board).

So how can the Eagle file currently downloadable on the website represent the latest design? Are you saying that IC10 has been moved back again to the original location between the pin headers?

This strikes me as rather unlikely, given that it looked like a very awkward and makeshift place for that component in the first place. More likely is that a very out-of-date version of the Eagle files has somehow found there way onto the website, rather than the final release version.

If anyone actually has a release Due board to compare against the currently downloadable Eagle file, that should be definitive.

Edit: io53's post in this thread

arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,130125.msg979260.html

confirms it. The currently downloadable Eagle files are not of the release version of the Due.

One might also assume the accompanying .sch schematic file would likewise be out-of-date, since loading both under Eagle causes no complaint (i.e., they appear to be consistent with each other).

Edit 2: stimmer's follow up post in that thread muddies the waters further. It looks like more than one board layout may have been released during the Due roll-out. wtf? Beta boards being sold along side final release versions?

look at the silkscreen of the eagle file, no Arduino Due logo and lot of other differences.

More likely is that a very out-of-date version of the Eagle files has somehow found there way onto the website, rather than the final release version.

+1

Or they are trying to delay/confuse the clone makers :slight_smile:

It does however makes sense not to have the logo etc, after all if you use that file the result is not an Arduino.

Rob

Graynomad:
Or they are trying to delay/confuse the clone makers :slight_smile:

Nah, that would be way too Machiavellian.

Wait -- Machiavelli was a Northern Italian, right? :wink:

It's a great book, and yes I think he was in northern Italy :slight_smile:

Rob