What if I use 230 ohm resistor with 5V input to Ground?

There is no misunderstanding.
I have been working in electronics for over 30 yrs and Mike has over 40 yrs experience. The definition of input impedance hasn't changed and it's still a bad idea to leave uC inputs floating. If there is any misunderstanding it is at your end.

To calculate the input impedance, short the input terminals together and reduce the circuit by determining the equivalent circuit with only one component.

In this case, the one component is a 100 Mohm resistor. (ZL (from the pin to GND))

Input Impedance

Is it a bad idea to leave micro-controller inputs floating ?

Problem:
Leaving a pin configured as an input floating is dangerous simply because you cannot be sure of the state of the pin. Like you mentioned, because of your circuit, your pin was sometimes LOW or sometimes in no-man's land or could sometimes go to HIGH.

Result:
Essentially, the floating input WILL definitely cause erratic chip operation or unpredictable behaviour. I have noticed some chips froze by simply moving my hand closer to the board (I wasn't wearing a ESD wrist band) or some would have different startup behaviour each time the board would powerup.

Why:
This happens simply because if there is external noise on that pin, the pin would oscillate, which would drain power as CMOS logic gates drain power when they switch states.

Solution:
Most micros nowdays have internal pullups as well, so that could prevent this behaviour from occuring. Another option would be to configure the pin as an output so it does not affect the internals.