SOLVED: java.io.IOException

I am brand new to Arduino (the only language I know right now is Matlab), so I apologize if this is just something stupid or easy.

I just got a new Arduino Uno (I'm pretty sure it's a knock off) and I am attempting to run the blink example sketch (I am following a book to try to learn it). I compiled the blink sketch and I am getting a bunch of warnings, but I read on one of the threads that I can just ignore that for now. So I moved on to attempting to upload the sketch to my Aduino.

This is where the problem starts, I am getting an error-

java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "{path}/bin/avrdude": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at ... (a bunch of places, I am adding a picture of the code)

Does anyone know how I can start to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm snowed in today, so I'll be on the board most of today.

UPDATE: found an older version of arduino (1.6.5-r5) and it got rid of the warnings and the error.

sounds like you need to reinstall your Arduino software to me.

I tried it and I'm still getting the same error.

Is it possible that it's my computer or the arduino uno itself? Or the version of arduino (1.6.7)?

I'm still using version 1.5.8 as that suits all my needs and is imho stable.
No experience with later versions

You could try an older version to see if that works.

Can you check if AVRDUDE.EXE is indeed installed on your system.
(Dir /s avrdude.exe in the program files folder)

Can you tell how it was solved?
for future reference?

Yea, I posted it as an "update" on the original message but I can post a reply too. I found an older version of arduino (1.6.5 - r5) and installed that rather than the current version. Since then I haven't had the warnings or the error.

Familiar story.
I'm getting wary of these updates.
I tried to install 1.6.16 from 1.6.5, doing all the usual things, download Windows installer etc.
Went through the install process and it failed with some sort of Java error.
Fortunately, managed to reinstall 1.6.5.
Another PC has a half working copy of 1.6.7, but many of the libraries are in the wrong places or corrupted.
Interestingly, though maybe not connected, I tried starting up a database in OpenOffice 4.1.1. This too came up with a Java error. Looking the Programs/X86/Java folder, there were two Java sub-folders one might have been 8.1.25, the other 8.1.45.
I'm no expert, but Java seems to be the culprit.
However, unless updates improve significantly, I'm going to stick with 1.6.5.
Alternatively, I might set up a cheapo PC to run Linux and the IDE, and if all else fails and a problem arises, just reload Linux.
Most Arduino users don't want to go through all these hoops just to upload a sketch