Help (files) needed for simple PCB fabrication.

I downloaded Eagle Free but got nowhere after 2 hours. Unfortunately I don't have any more time to spend on trying to learn it right now.

So I'm looking for someone to supply me the necessary files to get a PCB made. You should recommend me a reasonably priced fab place with quick turnaround to the UK, and supply the necessary files. For info PCBGOGO is quoting $44 dollars and 7day turnaround for qty 75 boards which is more than I need.

It would be easy enough for me to grind the corners off a rectangular board if that makes the job a lot easier or cheaper, but from what I can gather routing shapes isn't expensive?

Let me know how many $$$ you want to do this work. And any questions you have.

Or point me to a really simple pcb layout tool !

thanks,
Jimmer

There's no such thing as "a really simple PCB layout tool".

I'm using KiCAD myself, took some learning as well. But to create a PCB like yours you have to start with a schematic drawing of your circuit, then assign foorprints to the various parts, and finally do the actual PCB layout. For that, the actual measurements of your part are of course also needed.

Expresspcb.com is pretty simple to use. That layout would be simple to do there.

For cheep PCBs: https://pcbshopper.com/ ... and if you need your file in KiCAD, just send a PM

I prefer to work online. EasyEda is my way to go as a self-milling enthousiastic DIY-er.
I have drawn your PCB; you can find it here:

In the upper section of the screen you'll find a camera-icon, which generates a 3D of Photo-view of the board.

From there, ordering shouldn't be too difficult for you (check whether I've had the details right).
If you order with them, please share your experiences with me/us.

Thanks so much BikerMark, I love that software.. so easy to use.

I played around with it, renamed my nets [ fixed a bad connection to a pad :slight_smile: ] and made use of the top layer to save a millimetre !

Ordered 30 boards for $6 plus DHL shipping because I want to get them ASAP (shame the factory is on holiday for 3 days!)

So excited, my first PCB ! Protoboard attached for comparison

jimmer:
Ordered 30 boards for $6 plus DHL shipping because I want to get them ASAP (shame the factory is on holiday for 3 days!)

Yes, mid autumn festival is important.
Beautiful full moon tonight!

jimmer:
Thanks so much BikerMark, I love that software.. so easy to use.

Welcome, and I agree on you concerning the ease of usage.
Will you please keep us informed on the further manufacturing of the boards?

Good luck with it!

I tried KiCad and gave up in complete frustration with their bizzare library management.
I am using Eagle, and once I got over the learning hump, I quickly made three boards for projects that I used to wire together on perfboards. The biggest single impediment I had to using Eagle was finding the parts to place on my schematic and board. My solution was to find a similar part and copy the part library to my personal library then edit the part.

Boards arrived today. Very happy with them.

:slight_smile: That's one week after ordering; not bad at all!

I assume you did do the soldering yourself?
And can you plz share the costs of shipping? You had choosen for pretty much the fastest option, I wonder what they ask for that.

Cheers!

BikerMark:
And can you plz share the costs of shipping? You had choosen for pretty much the fastest option, I wonder what they ask for that.

Those things depend very much on where you live.
About a week from ordering to receiving the PCBs is perfectly normal for me - sometimes it's been as quick as 4 days (2-3 days for production, 1-2 days for shipping). I normally pay for 10x PCB, double sided, USD 5 + shipping USD 7.

BikerMark:
:slight_smile: That's one week after ordering; not bad at all!

I assume you did do the soldering yourself?

Yes, I soldered it.

It was 3day holiday, 2day manufacture, 2day shipping.
DHL shipping was 17$ ( minus $8 discount). Normally I would use $8 UK shipping option.